Monday 26 September 2011

A Supercool Supper To Make Tonight

The tomatoes were so good I couldn't take the photo without eating some
Fancy a really quick and easy supper that you could do tonight..?  I got my sweaty hands on some really good late season tomatoes the other day and decided to make one of my favourite things in the world.

Halve the tomatoes and place cut side up in a roasting dish.  Crush some garlic and scatter over the beautiful red fruit.  Then splash some olive oil over the lot and season with salt and pepper.  If you have any thyme leaves or oregano then toss some in too.  It will all taste good believe me.

Roast the tomatoes in a hot oven (about 200C) for about 25 mins.

This makes a wonderful side dish for steaks or grilled chicken or roast lamb.  You could have it with some firm fleshed white fish or with some ribbons of tagliatelle.  Or like me you can toast some bread, spoon the tomatoes and all the lovely juices on top and grate over some parmesan.  This is definitely my kind of food, I hope you try it out.

4 comments:

  1. Looks really nice and a great healthy way to get a quick dinner on the table. Think I will give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog. Very cool. I'll pass this recipe on to my husband, who does the cooking in our house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Jeno, let me know how it works out x

    ReplyDelete